PaySpree: An Affiliate Network That Pays Instant Commission On Every Product

Thursday, September 06, 2012

Teach Us How To Pray

“His disciples said unto Him, Lord, teach us to pray....and He said unto them, when ye pray, say ...Thy Kingdom come.” (Luke 11:2)

Lord, teach us to pray, is a good prayer, and a very needful one, for Jesus Christ only can teach us, by his word and Spirit, how to pray. Lord, teach me what it is to pray; Lord, stir up and quicken me to the duty; Lord, direct me what to pray for; teach me what I should say. Christ taught them a prayer, much the same that he had given before in his sermon upon the mount. There are some differences in the words of the Lord's prayer in Matthew and in Luke, but they are of no moment. Let us in our requests, both for others and for ourselves, come to our heavenly Father, confiding in his power and goodness.
If you are at a loss for words these prayers may help you. Remember, prayer is simply talking to God. God wants to be our friend and he wants us to feel comfortable talking to him.
·         When you are unsure of where you will spend eternity:
Lord Jesus, I want to know you personally. Thank you for dying on the cross for my sins. I open the door of my life and receive You as my Savior and Lord. Thank You for forgiving me of my sins and giving me eternal life. Take control of the throne of my life. Make me the kind of person You want me to be. Amen

·         When you are fearful:
Father God, I am feeling fearful today. Life seems to be uncertain and out of control. I recall that the Bible tells me “Perfect love casts out fear”. You alone are Perfect Love, so would you please cast out the fear I feel and replace it with confidence in your sufficiency.
·         When you are weak or ill
Father, I am feeling lousy today. I ache all over and feel very weak. You said that your grace was sufficient for me. Please strengthen me. Give me joy inspite of how I feel physically. Amen

·         When your marriage seems to be falling apart:
Dear God, our marriage is really shaky right now and I really don’t want it to break-up. Show me ways I could show (name) I love and care for her/him.. You are merciful, would you please show your mercy by helping us love each other more. Thank you! Amen

 “The missionary enterprise is not the church’s afterthought; it is Christ’s forthought.” (Anonymous)

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: