PaySpree: An Affiliate Network That Pays Instant Commission On Every Product

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Take My Yoke Upon You

"Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart" (Matthew 11:29)

Christ likens himself to a farmer and us to oxen in his service.  But unlike a farmer who imposes a yoke upon the oxen whether they like it or not, Christ invites us to carry his yoke.  "Take my yoke upon you".

 He has first asked us to come, and made a gracious promise. He next shows us how to come. We are to come by taking HIS yoke upon us. Taking on the yoke is a symbol of submission. The two steps by which we come, and secure the promise of rest unto our souls are then (1) Submission to Christ, (2) Becoming his disciples.

Christ gives him mind to us, are we willing to give our minds to him?





Rev Dr. Ronnie Ng

No comments: